Pages

Wednesday 22 March 2023

Stampin' Up! Shaded Spruce

 

This week, week 45 in the Colour Creations blog hop we continue our journey  featuring all of the Core Stampin' Up! colours, in alphabetical order. This week's feature colour  Shaded Spruce, which is a member of the Regals colour group.

 

I have to be honest Shaded Spruce is definitely not a "go to" green for me, in fact I rarely use it, and was unsure whether to partake in this week's Showcase but after a bit of playing around I am actually relatively happy with the end result. I also wanted to have a play with the new Radiating Stitches dies which is one of the new Online Exclusives.


My starting point was to colour a piece of the Perfectly Penciled DSP using Shaded Spruce Stampin' Blends. I have then die cut this using one of the Scalloped Contours dies and then mounted this onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that I have die cut using the largest of the Radiating Stitches dies.

This has then been mounted onto a piece of Shaded Spruce cardstock that has been embossed using the Stitched Greenery die.


I have wrapped a piece of Black and White Gingham ribbon around the body of the card. 

The sentiment is from Eden's Garden and has been embossed using Gold and then die cut using one of the Stylish Shapes dies. 

I have die cut a couple of hearts once again from the Radiating Stitches dies using Gold Brushed Metallic cardstock.

Finally a couple of Gold Brushed Metallic dots have been added.


To break up the sameness on the inside of the card I have die cut a couple more hearts but this time from the DSP and coloured them using the Shaded Spruce Stampin Blends. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is our lovely host Cathy Proctor. I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation. 


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa


 

 

9 comments:

  1. Your card is fantastic! I love the coloured DSP, and the stitched dies are awesome. I'm trying to resist them, and you're not making it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Theresas, I'm so glad you did join in. Those new Radiating Stitches dies look amazing and I love your gold and Shaded Spruce colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you nailed it. I cannot remember if I have ever used the ink pad. I like all the white with a touch of the shaded spruce

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hand coloured layer Theresa, and all of that lovely white space. The new dies look great, and I love the hearts inside the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, those radiating stitches dies are showcased beautifully, Theresa. I too love the white space with only the leaves coloured. All the different stitching dies work great together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you decided to participate this week, T, because your card is beautiful! I really love the layering of a Scalloped Contours panel on a Radiating Stitches die-cut rectangle, both in white. This classic, elegant, colour combination is really striking, and you have used Shaded Spruce beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending Hugs to you too. I am glad that you continued with the card even though Shaded Spruce is not your favourite green. I love how you have layered the new dies with cardstock and DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m so glad you participated this week Theresa. Your card is simply gorgeous. I love your colouring of the DSP and the way you maintained Shaded Spruce with Black & White together with the Brushed Gold. Oh and the hearts if the coloured DSP inside the card too. All delightful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theresa all your different layers of texture and colour work so well together. Thanks for sharing as I had been wondering just how well or not the large radiating stitches die would work on an Aussie card front. It works well. You should be very happy with your card as it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete