Pages

Wednesday 25 May 2022

Stampin' Up! Sweet Sorbet

 

Welcome to Week 4 of the new Colour Creations Blog Hop for 2022-2023. This week we are featuring another of the new In Colours and this time it is Sweet Sorbet which is a lovely pinky red colour that I can see being used a lot for Christmas cards this year.


 For my card this week I have teamed Sweet Sorbet with Old Olive, White and a hint of Black and Daffodil Delight. I have also enjoyed playing with some more of the new products from the latest Annual Catalogue.


My starting point for this weeks card was to cut a piece of the Perfectly Pencilled DSP to fit the largest of the Fabulous Frames dies and then to colour it using Sweet Sorbet, Old Olive and a hint of Daffodil Delight Stampin Blends.  The frame has been die cut using Old Olive cardstock. I have then mounted this on a piece of Sweet Sorbet cardstock that has been embossed using one of the Stripes and Splatters 3D embossing folders. This has then all been mounted on Thick Basic White cardstock. 

I have then die cut the word "Sending" using the die from the Sending Smiles bundle. I have first cut the outline using Black cardstock and then another using White. I have offset the White to the Black to create a shadow like appearance. I have then adhered a piece of Sweet Sorbet cardstock to an Adhesive Sheet and then die cut it using the finer lettering die. By using the Adhesive Sheets it makes it so much easier to stick the lettering to the outline. Below is a close up to show the shadow effect.


I have then stamped the sentiment in Versamark and embossed it using White embossing powder and then die cut it using another of the frame dies from the Sending Smiles bundle. Finally a double bow using the Sweet Sorbet In Colour twine and a couple of Daffodil Delight Glossy Dots for a bit of bling. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Michele Taylor. I am sure as always she will create a beautiful card.  


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to Cathy Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when our feature colour will be the last in our sequence of  the new In Colours, Tahitian Tide.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

 

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love that DSP and the little extra bling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Theresa, I love the frame around your beautifully coloured DSP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Theresa, what a super clever idea to add a die cut sentiment outline using black cardstock to make the shadow. I love your colouring of the DSP too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little flowers look so pretty in Sweet Sorbet; I just love the versatility of these papers. Great use of the Sending Smiles bundle ... the shadowing of the word "sending" looks fab, and I really like the second part of the sentiment white-embossed on Sweet Sorbet card. Beautiful card, T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card and colouring Theresa. I love all the details like the double bow and white embossed sentiment on coloured card stock and the shadow is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. It's funny how Sweet Sorbet looks pink or red, depending on the colour combo it's in - it definitely looks more red on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Theresa, I think Sweet Sorbet is going to be a winner as it goes so well with almost every stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That coloured DSP is gorgeous, Theresa. Such a bright and happy card. The black behind the 'sending' looks fantastic (I thought it was just the lighting!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theresa the shadow on your large 'sending' is a great idea as it really gives it depth and a bit of drama. I also love that you have coloured the black and white dsp to match. A terrific card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lovely little flowers made me think of strawberries! The texture of your frame on the embossed piece is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete