Pages

Wednesday 28 September 2022

Stampin' Up! Garden Green

 

This week, week 22 in the Colour Creations blog hop we continue our journey  featuring all of the Core Stampin' Up! colours, in alphabetical order. This week's feature colour  Garden Green, is a member of the Regals colour group.


 From the outset this week I was very clear that I wanted to finally break open the Potted Geraniums bundle. It seemed the perfect foliage for Garden Green. I have chosen to pair it with Granny Apple Green and Blushing Bride and Flirty Flamingo. 


My starting point for the card was to stamp and die cut all of the parts to the Potted Geranium. For the pot I have used Crumb Cake and Soft Suede. For the foliage, as mentioned I have used Garden Green and Granny Green Apple and for the flowers, Blushing Bride and Flirty Flamingo. In each case the lighter colour is stamped first and the darker second. 

The Potted Geranium has then been mounted onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that has been die cut using one of the Picture This dies and then embossed using the Brick and Mortar embossing folder. I have tried in the photo below show the embossing but it doesn't appear to be that clear. 



This has then been mounted onto a piece of Gingham Cottage paper that features Garden Green. Initially I had removed all of the cut outs but I thought it made the background a bit too bold so I placed the middle cut out back in. This has then been mounted onto a piece of Thick White cardstock.

The sentiment has been stamped in Flirty Flamingo and then die cut using one of the dies from the Geranium dies. I really love this frame. 

Finally I have added a few Brushed Brass Butterflies and a bow using White Bakers Twine.

Next in tonight's blog hop is our talented host Cathy Proctor. I look forward to seeing her lovely creation.  

 

 If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host  Catherine Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

7 comments:

  1. Doesn't that paper make a beautiful background?! Great minds! Your card is beautiful, T. I like that you placed the middle cut-out rectangle back in place, to provide a bit more definition between the background and your focal pieces. The geraniums are beautiful (love all that two-step stamping!), and the sentiment label is a gorgeous shape. Really beautifully put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the geranium bundle was the perfect choice for a Garden Green card. The flowers look amazing, and you've layered them over a fantastic background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa, what an excellent design choice to return the middle cut out back in - it really works. I love your Potted Geranium and that background DSP too - it all comes together so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Theresa. Your choices were perfect. Garden Green was just right for geranium leaves. The die cut and embossed background is lovely and you were right - the replacement of the middle die cut works beautifully to allow the potted flowers to shine. All so lovely. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gingham background peeping through the frames, and the potted geranium is a perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Theresa, I'm not a big fan or geraniums but your card really do, do them justice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you placed that centre die cut piece back in on the background, Theresa. The colour choices are perfect, the placement is great with that Gingham Cottage DSP behind!

    ReplyDelete