Pages

Wednesday 21 September 2022

Stampin' Up! Fresh Freesia

 

This week, week 21 in the Colour Creations blog hop we continue our journey  featuring all of the Core Stampin' Up! colours, in alphabetical order. This week's feature colour  Fresh Freesia, is a member of the In Colours colour group for 2021-23.


I started this card not really knowing what direction I was going to take but that I wanted to colour  piece of the Perfectly Penciled Paper using Fresh Freesia and one of the In Colours from this year, Parakeet Party. I then went searching on Pinterest for a layout that would work and came across this one.


Here is my version of the sketch featuring Fresh Freesia, and added in Parakeet Party.


I have mounted the coloured piece of Perfectly Penciled paper onto one of the reverse sides of Butterfly Kisses, featuring Fresh Freesia.

The central and focal point of my card is an image from Blessings of Home that has been coloured using Fresh Freesia and Parakeet Party Stampin Blends and then die cut with the corresponding die. 

I have mounted this onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that I have die cut using one of the Painted Labels dies and then embossed using the "Splatter"folder of the Stripes and Splatters Embossing folders.

This has then been mounted onto another reverse sided piece of Butterfly Kisses that has been die cut using one of the Deckled Rectangle dies.

I have added a couple of die cuts from Flowers of Home dies to the left side of this panel and few Loose Flower Flourishes to the right.

The sentiment is also from Blessings of Home and has been stamped onto Fresh Freesia cardstock and embossed in White. Finally it was die cut using one of the Sending dies.

Next in tonight's blog hop is my talented upline Christine Blain. I look forward to seeing her lovely creation.  

 If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host   Cathy Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when when we will be featuring the next Core colour in our journey, Garden Green, a member of the Regals Colour Group.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

9 comments:

  1. This colour combination is popular on the hop and I can see why - it is stunning, Theresa! I love the way your stamped image mirrors your beautifully coloured DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how lovely! Your gorgeous card makes me think of Spring. The colours are fabulous, and the floral DSP is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sigh* ... this is SUCH a beautiful card, my friend! I am in love with those delicately-patterned papers from a pack I had not even glanced at. So beautiful together, and with the pieces you've coloured. You have used this colour combo so beautifully, T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pairing of these two colours Theresa, your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Theresa. I love your colouring of the DSP and the coordinating floral spray from the Blessings of Home. So many delightful touches. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Theresa, Green goes to well with Fresh Freesia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card, Theresa, and a wonderful layout. I really like the white embossed label and the extra die cut leaves. Beautiful selection of patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layering Theresa, a sketch is a great way to get inspired isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, anon is me, Rachel P

    ReplyDelete