Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2024

Stampin' Up! Petunia Pop

 



Welcome to a Week 2 of the Colour Creations Showcase blog hop. This week we continue our journey through the New In Colours for 2024-26 Stampin' Up!, working in alphabetical order. This week our feature colour is  the lovely Petunia Pop which is a lovely Violet colour and one of my favourite of the new In Colours.

 

This week, for me, it's all about the gorgeous new Designer Series Paper, Thoughtful Journey, which features, Petunia Pop along with a host of other gorgeous colours such as Blackberry Bliss, Calypso Coral, Mossy Meadow and lots of others, but for me Petunia Pop stood out in many of the sheets. The paper is a 6" by 6" and one side is gorgeous serene vistas and the other abstract patterns.

In each of my cards I have teamed Petunia Pop with Mossy Meadow and Basic White. Along with featuring the paper I am also featuring another part of the Thoughtful Journey Suite of products, the Thoughtful Wishes stamp set and coordinating dies.



For my first card I have chosen the "Triple Layer technique", one I have wanted to try for sometime and I thought the paper was perfect for it. The paper has been die cut using Deckled Rectangle dies and mounted on to Petunia Pop Card. 

The foliage has been either stamped and coloured in Mossy Meadow, or the stamp set coloured with markers and then stamped. Both have been die cut with the corresponding dies. 

The sentiment is also from the Thoughtful Wishes stamp set and has been stamped in Petunia Pop and die cut once again using a Deckled Rectangle die. Finally a few coloured In Colour Shimmer Gems have been added.

 


For my second card I have featured different piece of the Thoughtful Journey DSP but this time die cut using one of the Radiating Stitiches dies. The base of the card has been embossed using the Distressed Tile 3D embossing folder and the sprigs on the left have been die cut using one of the Painted Lavender dies. Once again the sentiment is from the Thoughtful Wishes stamp set but this time die cut using one of the Something Fancy dies. 

 

 

I've turned the orientation around for my final card and used a different piece of the Thoughtful Journey DSP. For the stamp in the centre panel I have once again used the Marker to Stamp technique using Petunia Pop and Mossy Meadow. The sprigs have been die cut using White card one of the Thoughtful Wishes dies and then coloured using Stampin Blends. The ribbon is from the new Petal Pink and White Diagonal Trim Combo pack. 

This time the sentiment is from the new Unbounded Love stamp set and has been die cut using a couple of the Unbounded Love dies. This time the embellishments used are Iridescent Pearls. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is the talented Ros Davidson . I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation as Ros loves to use the Colour Coach combinations.



If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous trio of cards! You've used the paper so beautifully, and enhanced it perfectly with die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have used these products beautifully, T ... and I can see why you love those papers. I particularly love your second card, and the gorgeous bow on top of the Petunia Pop die-cut sprig. The die-cuts coloured with Stampin' Blends look fab on top of the stamped images, on your third card. All of the cards are lovely - so many pretty details on them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three cards! Oh my Theresa, you have been busy. The cards are delightful featuring that lovely paper, I do like a tripple-layer card though so I'll give that one first place by a whisker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not one but three amazing cards this week, Theresa! You have embraced and showcased this colour beautifully with your Triple Layer technique card and your use of die cuts to enhance the DSP on all three cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three stunning cards Theresa. This paper is glorious and you have showcased it to perfection. If I had to choose I think the third one is my favourite as I love the way you have coloured the stamped and diecut images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, you sure have been busy this week, Theresa. You have showcased this amazing DSP beautifully, with so many different layouts and all are perfect with Petunia Pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG what a lovely lot of cards! That DSP is simply divine! The Triple Layer card is gorgeous I Love the die cuts on the other cards as well. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 gorgeous cards all showcasing that fabulous DSP

    ReplyDelete