Pages

Monday 11 July 2022

Heart Of Christmas Week 2

 

Welcome to Week 2 of the Art With Heart Heart of Christmas. This year we will be hopping weekly until the end of November, so hopefully we can provide you with some festive inspiration. Our host for this year's blog hop is the lovely Sharon Davern. 

For my card this week I have decided to break open the brand new Window Wishes stamp set and the matching dies. This bundle is in the new mini Catalogue. I have also chosen another new product from the same catalogue, the Lights Aglow Specialty paper. I originally received this lovely paper as part of a team share but love it so much I have subsequently ordered some more!


My starting point for this card was to die cut the window frame using white and black cardstock and then mount it on a piece of the Lights Aglow paper. I chose this paper because it makes me think you are looking from the inside to the night sky outside. I have also added a hill slope using White Glimmer paper to hopefully make it look like the home is atop a snow covered hill. The home has been stamped in Real Red and has been die cut using the matching dies for both the base of the home and the roof. I have also added a bow die cut from Real Red Glimmer paper , to the top of the window frame.

I have then mounted this scene onto a piece of white cardstock that I have embossed using one of the Wintry 3D embossing folders. 

The sentiment is from the Brightest Glow stamp set and has been stamped in Versamark and then embossed using Gold embossing powder. It was a bit hard to see this in the photo of the whole card so the photo below shows it in  ore detail. The sentiment has been die cut using one of the circular frame dies from matching dies.


The little stars in the left hand corner have been cut using Real Red and Gold glimmer paper and one of the Twinkling Lights dies. These have been popped on some glue dots to add some depth.I have also added a few Red Adhesive Backed Pearls.

Finally all of this has been mounted on another piece of the Lights Aglow paper but this time one of the red pieces, and then mounted on to some thick white cardstock. 

Next on tonight's blog hop is the lovely Kate Morgan. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her lovely Christmas creation. If the button link is not working or you would like to see the entire list of participants go to Sharon Davern's blog.


If you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase products from me then click on my Facebook button above and send me a message and I would be more than happy to help.

Enjoy your week

Theresa

 

 

10 comments:

  1. How delightful! Your scene is fantastic, and all the little finishing touches are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have used the window dies to create a gorgeous snow covered scene. Love all that shimmer and glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun array of new goodies you've used to create this delightful card, T! I love the red glimmer bow as a finishing touch, and the DSP (my favourite) makes for a lovely night sky. Great to see these window dies used; they're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel Woollard11 July 2022 at 21:06

    Wonderful Christmas scene Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely window scene using this new set Theresa. The Lights Aglow paper is perfect for this and love the pops of red and gold to break up the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I love the window and the scene is gorgeous! The embossing folder behind is great! Love the little bits of glimmer paper and the gold! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous Christmas window scene Theresa. I love the use of the Lights Aglow DSP and the glimmer paper to add special touches. Beautiful. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely scene you’ve created Theresa! Love the white glimmer paper and the dsp for the starry sky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theresa it’s Cathy Proctor a dim commenting on my iPad and it doesn’t know it is me!

      Delete
  9. Caroline Manwaring24 July 2022 at 22:40

    A lovely card Theresa. Love the gold embossed sentiment - wow!

    ReplyDelete